Canada’s refugee protection system is life-saving, but refugee claimants arriving in Canada struggle to comprehend and navigate the refugee protection process. Their quest for refugee protection is mitigated by complex systems. Sometimes the most vulnerable refugee claimants don’t get the refugee protection they desperately need.
Design, create, and implement a comprehensive, multi-lingual public legal education and information resource with and for refugee claimants in Canada. Include web and print materials.
Refugee claimants are informed, connected, and prepared for their refugee hearings.
Status of Project To-Date
- Oct 2022 – The English version of My Refugee Claim and the Orientation Booklet launched
- Jan 2023 onward – Seek funding to make My Refugee Claim discoverable and accessible
$200,431 – Create English version of the My Refugee Claim website and the printable Orientation Booklet.
$711,264 – Translate content into 12 languages. Print and distribute multilingual Orientation Booklet.
How You Can Help
- Learn about Canada’s refugee protection process from My Refugee Claim
- Share My Refugee Claim resources with refugee claimants
- Connect Kinbrace to funders who can help the project
See the About page on My Refugee Claim.
Chantel Spade – Project Coordinator